Wednesday 6 April 2011

Catherine Howe

I am delighted to say that Catherine Howe has agreed to do an interview for Rock Legacy about her work, and her forthcoming album, in the near future. Many will be familiar with Catherine's composition, "Harry", for which she received an Ivor Novello Award. In the meantime, here are two videos of songs that appealed to me instantly, but for different reasons. The first is Princelet Street.


Next up, Going Home


These are superb examples of narrative songwriting. What a voice! And what a fantastic video, which evokes so many memories. As Catherine said to me "Going Home" was written a a kind of homage to "Puff the Magic Dragon". I remember that! I also remember making things out of cardboard at home and then sitting in the back of the car asking "When are we there?"

No comments:

Counter